Diabetes is a disease in which your body cannot properly use the food you eat for energy. Your cells need energy to live and grow. When you eat, food breaks down into a form of energy called glucose. Glucose is another word for sugar. The glucose goes into your blood and your blood sugar rises. Insulin is a hormone made by your pancreas. It helps glucose move from your blood into your cells so your body can use it for energy. People cannot live without insulin. There are three main types of diabetes. • In Type 1 diabetes, the pancreas makes no insulin. • In Type 2 diabetes, the pancreas does not make enough insulin or your body is not able to use the insulin the pancreas makes. • In gestational diabetes during pregnancy, the mother is not able to make enough insulin to cover the needs of both mother and baby.
Risk Factors for DiabetesYou are more at risk for getting diabetes if you:
• Are from a family where others have diabetes
• Are overweight
• Are over age 40
• Are inactive
• Had diabetes during pregnancy (gestational diabetes) or a baby weighing 9 pounds or 4 kilograms or more at birth
• Are of African, Asian, Latino or Pacific Islander decent
Signs of Diabetes
• Very thirsty
• Feeling tired
• Use the toilet often to urinate
• Blurred vision
• Weight loss
• Wounds are slow to heal
• Constant hunger
• Itchy skin
• Numbness or tingling in feet and/or hands
• Problems with sexual activity Often people have no signs even though their blood glucose level is high. You can
The goal is to keep your glucose level as near to normal as possible. Your care may include:
• Planning meals
• Testing glucose levels
• Learning signs to know when your glucose level is too low or too high
• Taking medicine – insulin or pills
• Keeping all appointments with your health care team
• Attending diabetes classes
• Wear one Medical id bracelet
In addition to the above-mentioned conventional science Care, wearing a medical id bracelet is also an important thing!
Why Diabetes need wearing a medical id bracelets?
Diabetes-induced complications and sometimes without warning,
Very serious complications make people fainting,
Breathing difficulties, life-threatening, in this case,
Diabetes has been less likely to explain their own condition to ambulance personnel.
At this time, if the diabetic patients have a medical id bracelet,
This will greatly improve the speed of ambulance personnel,
Ambulance personnel can see the engraving in the bracelet on the back of the disease information,
Quickly understand the conditions, thus speeding up the rescue speed,
And use drugs properly, as well as prepare for quick contact with family members!
At this moment, a medical id bracelet becomes vital!
imedical id store offer an Reliable, durable, affordable of Diabetes medical alert id bracelets for children and adults too,For your free engraving Diabetes text, name, emergency contact, emergency cure, as well as other useful information!